Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Mapledurham 20 February 2022

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Mapledurham 20 Feb 2022

Mapledurham Golf Club Sunday 20 February 2022

by Bruce Riddington

With the lead up to the weekend being dominated by Eunice, I think we were fortunate to get out and play and although the weather was still wet  and windy the worst of it held off. An 11th hour bonus to be allowed to use a trolley rather than carry! I think the going would be said to be soft and squelchy, muddy balls being a particular feature. 

My playing partners and team were Graham and Richard.  It took us a while to get into the rhythm of the cha, cha cha, cha cha cha, but we managed to get it by hole 10. This hole sticks in my mind for Graham’s birdie 3 (cha) which I think would be our teams champagne moment and we eventually ran out as winners.

Mapledurham seems to work out well for me having been runner up last time out. I don’t remember any particularly great shots but generally steady driving and 2nd iron shots which meant I managed to pick up points on every hole even with the occasional 3 putts.

Thanks to Graham and Richard for their great company and congratulations to Mike for the ntp and Steve as runner up, and everybody else for getting out and playing.

I await with trepidation the resulting effect on my handicap. ðŸ˜¬

RESULTS

Winner           Bruce Riddington     41 pts

Runner up     Steve Faulkner         33 pts

Third               Alan Papps               33 pts

Nearest the pin         Michael Clothier       11’ 1”

Cha, Cha, Cha         Bruce Riddington, Graham Pearce and Richard Faulkner 176 strokes