Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Sherfield Oaks 21 October 2022

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Sherfield Oaks 21 October 2022

Sherfield Oaks Golf Club Friday 21 October 2022

by Steve Faulkner

The day started with the stableford competition and the forecast wasn’t good so we were expecting to get wet. Graham, Warwick, Andy and myself were the 4th group out and as we tee’d up the low sun come out and I don’t think any of us could see where our drives went. Luckily we had a rough idea of direction and managed to find them all.

I managed to score well on the front nine and managed 20 points and kept my fingers crossed I could maintain this on the back nine but it didn’t start well on the narrow 10th, losing my 2nd shot to the right but I still managed to scrape a point.

When we got to the last 3 holes I knew I needed 6 points to hit 36 points. 2 points on 16 and then a lucky break on 17. My 2nd shot was short of the green but my pitch ran up the green, hit the pin and stopped about a foot past the hole. 3 points and now I knew if I could get 2 points on the last I’d be due a cut. Very pleased to have finished the round with 37 points. I also managed to put out on every hole so thought I’d be in with a chance for the Clothier cup.

Lunch (ham, egg and chips!) was followed by the team competition which was Texas Strings. I was in the 3rd group with Nigel, Richard and Nick. The golf I was playing in the morning had deserted me over lunch and it was a struggle but luckily the others were playing well, especially Nick who sunk 2 long puts and we managed to win the team competition.

Thanks to all my playing partners for a very enjoyable day, even with all the regular downpours.

Well done to Tim for NTP on the 15th and to Mike on the runners up place with 36 points.

RESULTS

Winner                Steve Faulkner            37 pts

Runner up           Mike Clothier              36 pts

Third Nigel          Jackson                        35 pts

Nearest the pin     Tim Houghton          15’ 1”

Clothier Cup          Steve Faulkner         69 strokes

Texas Strings        Richard Faulkner, Nigel Jackson, Nick Aitken and Steve Faulkner      31 strokes