Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Huntswood Golf Club 23 February 2020

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Huntswood Golf Club 23 February 2020

Huntswood Golf Club Sunday 23 February 2020

by Alan Papps

I’m still in shock over this win, I hadn’t touched my clubs since The Downshire and I’m currently undergoing physiotherapy for a shoulder injury I picked up skiing so not being prepared was an understatement. My physiotherapist advised me against playing but suggested if I really wanted to, to leave the woods at home and only use a ¾ swing.

Great start to the day, full English breakfast, the weather was terrible, strong winds and forecast of further rain/hail so plenty to look forward too.

Partnered with Terry Harmsworth and Derrick Anscomb, we went off fourth, teeing off into a 40mph headwind, fun times ahead.

Keeping the swing to a ¾ really paid off as managed to avoid any hazards, lost balls, water etc for the whole round – that doesn’t happen very often

Nearest the pin was the 17th - 148yd uphill into the wind. Terry and Derek both had good tee shots but were slightly short so going last had a slight advantage, I dropped to a 7 iron and managed to hit the green, 37’4” from the pin!  NTP was won by Steve Zsibrita, I believe we were the only ones to hit the green so just proves how difficult the conditions were.

Thanks everyone, see you next time

Ps - I’ll be giving the red wine to my physio for his great advice 😊

RESULTS

Winner:            Alan Papps                  38 pts

Runner-up:      Trevor Rockett            33 pts

Third:               Paul Compton             33 pts

Nearest the pin          Steve Szibrita    33’ 7”

Jokers             Steve Szibrita, Richard Davis and Trevor Stannett