Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

West Berkshire Golf Club 25 October 2019

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society West Berkshire Golf Club 25 October 2019

West Berks Golf Club Friday 25 October 2019

by Graham Pearce

Unaccustomed as I am to writing winners reports I will just savour the moment. Playing with Andy North and Steve Adams my round was not spectacular, but just managed to get straight off the tee and crucially to miss only one short putt, those nasty 12 inchers which have always been my downfall. I did get a couple of nines on the par 5s but otherwise the scoring was steady. That didn’t help my chances in the Clothier Cup either. I pipped Tim Houghton (or Hooten as Trevor prefers) into second place on countback. Just ignore the fact I had a free shot each hole on him.

In the afternoon competition I played with Alan Papps and Derrick Anscomb and after bogeying the first two holes we settled down to par the remainder and win the competition. We managed to avoid getting soaked but the wind got increasingly worse.

Looking forward to Downshire now, but I think that was as good as it gets for me.

RESULTS

Winner:            Graham Pearce          34 pts

Runner-up:      Tim Houghton             34 pts

Third:               Steve Adams              33 pts

Nearest the pin           Steve Nower          15’ 3”

Texan Trios     Graham Pearce, Alan Papps and Derrick Anscomb

Clothier Cup    Tim Houghton