Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Richings Park 15 September 2022

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Richings Park 15 September 2022

Richings Park Golf Club Thursday 15 September 2022

by Alan Papps

This is only the second time I’ve played Richings Park, the last time was back in Aug 2019 when I played with my daughter in the father son/daughter comp.

The morning 9-hole competition was a Bramble shamble 2 ball concatenation game, bit of a laugh and a nice warm up for the afternoon.  Played with Tim & Steve Faulkner, we played some good golf although the Kudos went to team Barrie, Richard, and Andy (Guest) – well done guys. The morning round was also where I won the NTP on the 6th.  Bit embarrassed as I won it with 41”. 

After ham, egg and chips lunch (what else ðŸ˜Š), I was back out with Warwick and Trevor Rocket for the Stapleford. Played fairly consistent golf and managed to avoid any trees, OoB or lost balls. Came in with a respectable 37 points. Thought I would be in with a shout of a top 3 place but as it turned out, was enough to win the day and also gave me enough points to take the Grand prix.

Thanks to Tim's big chopper 😋, this is the 1st time I have been a single figure golfer, something I’ve been trying to do for many years.

I want to thank Warwick and Trevor for their great company and really enjoyed playing this tricky course. Greens were superb

Cheers all

RESULTS

Winner             Alan Papps               41 pts

Runner up      Bruce Riddington       35 pts

Third               Tim Houghton             34 pts

Nearest the pin         Alan Papps      41'