Scam Alert - Bogus police calls
Farnsfield Parish Council
Police Impersonation Scam Alert
Bogus Police Officer Scam Warning.
We have received a spike in reports of scam telephone calls from fraudsters impersonating police officers or stating that they are from the ‘Fraud Squad’.
Victims have been told that either, their bank account has been compromised and to catch the suspect, money needs to be transferred to another bank account. Or a person has been arrested in possession of the victim’s bank card and either money needs to be transferred to a ‘safe’ account or cash sent in the post. In some instances, victims have been told they need to travel to London to buy a Rolex Watch.
The Police will NEVER contact you and ask for your assistance with an investigation or an undercover operation. Hang up on these calls and report to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or online at https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/. If you believe you have lost money to this scam, call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 to report to us as soon as possible.
Protect yourselves from scam telephone calls by:
• Calling your provider to make your number ex-directory and asking if they have any scam call shield services.
• Registering your number with the Telephone Preference Service.
• Removing your details from the OPEN Electoral Register and 192.com
• Installing a call blocker / phone with an inbuilt call blocking feature.
• Change your number if necessary.
• Ensure your number isn’t publicly available on any of your social media pages.
Message Sent By
Fiona Price (Police, Staff, Nottinghamshire)
Find Farnsfield Parish Council
The Village Centre, New Hill, Farnsfield, Farnsfield, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG22 8JN
Email email@example.com To view our contact us policy, please go to the Your Council section of this website and click on Policies and procedures