Parsonage Field was gifted to the Parish of Temple Ewell by Miss Madeline Watson on 24 March 1938 to commemorate the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. The playing field was dedicated as a memorial to King George V on 27 March 1950. It is now managed by Temple Ewell Parish Council as Trustee in association with the National Playing Fields Association (Fields in Trust).
Whilst planning and designing our children’s play area the Parish Council were keen to ensure that it was as inclusive as possible, there were a number of considerations to ensure the best value of play. These included access for the disabled child, risk level, natural environment, safety surfaces and how much the play equipment will challenge and entertain the children.
Temple Ewell Parish Council completed the final phase of the new and exciting play equipment on their King George V Playing Field in 2017. Through a series of consultations with the primary school children, the most popular pieces of equipment were identified - Monkey Bar Rings - Hanging Tyres - Traversing Net - Wobbly Bridge, and have now been added to the already well-used play equipment, which was installed back in 2015.
The Parish Council continues to maintain and invest in this equipment for the benefit of the children of the village.