New Members page
Useful information for new members of our club.
- For any match (Friendlies & Borough competitions) if you are selected, there is a match fee of £2
- For any match (Friendlies & Borough comps) if you are selected the attire is Club Polo shirt, Grey trousers/skirt/shorts. Please note West Mersea & Three Clubs bowls clubs do not permit shorts.
- Bowls shoes must be worn, can be easily found online or instore at Sports Direct, online only at Amazon & Ebay.
- Nearest Bowls shop is Bowls World at 6, 35 Key Street, Ipswich, IP4 1BZ or www.bowlsworld.co.uk
- If weather is cold or inclement, white Jumper/Sweatshirts can be worn or a White Jacket/Coat & Grey Waterproof trousers.
- If you put your name down to play a match, check the matchs' coloured card to see if you have been selected to play.
- If you are selected for a match your name will be in the bottom grid, please 'tick' your name to confirm you are aware.
- If you need to know anything else, just ask any member.
What Leagues do we take part in?
Organised Leagues / Competitions
The club plays matches against other bowls clubs in local organised leagues. The men play triples and fours in the Colchester league. Mixed teams are organised for the Sudbury triples league and the Colchester medley fours. The matches take place on weekday afternoons and evenings, and usually last for 2-3 hours.
The League associations also run knock-out competitions which are open to players from all clubs, and include individual, pairs, triples, fours and team matches.
Colchester Borough Bowling Association website below:
Internal Club Competitions
Throughout the season a number of internal club competitions are organised, which allow members to compete with other members for various trophies. The matches are played on the home green, and a finals day event is held at the end of the season to determine which players / teams can claim to be champions for the year.
Friendly / Social Matches
Friendly, non-league matches are arranged with other bowls clubs, which are played in a very relaxed manner and are open to all members. These provide the opportunity to practice, develop skills, learn more about the game, and also have a bit of fun during and after the match.