Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Police and NHood Watch

Linton Parish Council Police Neighbrhood Watch

A message from the Linton Co-ordinator, Pat Burden:

Linton Neighbourhood Watch

Dear Fellow Resident,

I have responsibility for the Linton Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.

My role is to co-ordinate the police information given out particularly to Linton residents, which is where I also live. I have been here for more than 15 years and I am keen to ensure that you are kept up to date with any criminal activity in the local and surrounding areas that may have an impact on you and your families.

There is a Linton Neighbourhood Watch website, and also an email address for those that have access to a computer. As I appreciate not everyone will have this facility, I intend to make it easy for anyone to contact me by telephone too. All these details are listed below.

If you would like to have crime reports for Linton and surrounding parishes copied to you, please send your email address to me. I will need your name and postal address as well, as the scheme is restricted to residents of Linton. If you do so, you may qualify for a reduction in your house insurance premium as a member of a local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.

I also want to make myself accessible to anyone who is concerned about the security of their home and possessions. There are many products on the market that can help with this, and are available through the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.

I look forward to working with you all in keeping Linton a lovely safe place to live and if you have any concerns at all, please do not hesitate to let me know either by email or telephone.

Kind regards

Patricia Burden

Linton Neighbourhood Watch Scheme email address:   lintonnhw @ gmail . com (without the spaces!)

Linton Neighbourhood Watch Contact Number:  mobile 07979 430148

Linton Neighbourhood Watch Website: http://lintonkent.org/nhw (ie here!)

Stop press! – you can now contact Maidstone Police via Twitter.. their address is: kentpolicemaid

Just read on – or click to go directly to the following Section Headings:

Latest News

Background

Linton Neighbourhood Watch Scheme has operated for a number of years. It is an active scheme and it needs your support. Please do join the Scheme – it’s free, it’s easy to join, and there are real benefits for members.

The Neighbourhood watch scheme will be more effective, and will be listened to more sympathetically, the more members we have.

Although Neighbourhood Watch is not perhaps always seen as glamorous work, it is a very valuable and rewarding activity and contributes to the Linton Community and to many of its residents in a practical and important way. Why not give something back to Linton?

How To Join

Want to receive email alerts, whenever a crime is reported locally, often the same day?

Want cheaper home insurance?

Want to receive information updates regularly?

Want to purchase security related items at a subsidised cost?

All Linton residents are encouraged to join the Scheme – it’s free!

Joining the scheme could not be simpler! Just send an email to the co-ordinator, Pat Burden. When she replies, you are a member! NB: Be sure to include your name and address in the email, membership of the scheme is restricted to residents of Linton

Who to contact

Crime:

999 should be used only when immediate help is needed.

For all other incidents, phone:  101 and ask for the Maidstone Police Control Room, stating if you are a Neighbourhood Watch member.

You can contact them via 101 or on: 01622 604392. Speak to them about incidents or related matters that are specific to Linton. Please do not try to report a crime to them directly

You can also contact Maidstone Police via Twitter (!) – their address is: kentpolicemaid

To update or advise Maidstone Neighbourhood Watch, telephone their Office on 01622 604395 or email them

There is a guide here to contacting Kent Police

You can also contact your local Community Police Officer

Click on this link. Useful for bringing general local issues to their attention, but don’t use it to report specific crimes.

Fly Tipping, abandoned cars, and similar problems:

Please report these to Maidstone Borough Council Environmental Services on 01622 602162, or online via the MBC Website – click on “Report it” under “Do it online”

They are normally prompt at dealing with problems, once they know about them.

Problems with Animals:

Animal Search UK is one of Britain’s largest search services for missing pets. Their website is free of charge, and is publicised countrywide.

Stray animals can be reported to Maidstone Borough Council contact centre on 01622 602117 or online

For all other enquiries relating to the welfare of animals please call the RSPCA’s 24-hour national cruelty and advice line on 0300 1234 999.

Still Not Sure?

Try the Kent Police FAQ page. It has answers to hundreds of questions.
Latest News

For all the latest news, you must join the Linton NHW Group ! –  If you have any questions or need help, do contact us.