Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Ampfield Market

The Ampfield Market was supposed to be celebrating its 20th successful year, but sadly we had to close the doors after the last Market on March 7th due to the Covid 19 pandemic.

The Market is always held on the first Saturday of the month excluding January and August which are holiday months. It takes place in Ampfield Village Hall (SO51 9BJ), between 10am and 12 noon. Parking and admission are free. 
The Market has become a very popular meeting place, offering the best value, most delicious refreshments in Hampshire!   Every effort is made to keep the sales tables lively and interesting.  There are top quality, locally sourced items for sale including cakes, biscuits, savoury foods, honey, fresh bread, eggs, plants, fruit and veg, crafts, books,  cards, wrapping paper, jewellery and collectables. The Romsey Country Market is one of our major contributors.  The Oven Door provides the Market with a wonderful selection of their delicious wholesome bread plus a few extra treats to tempt you ! We also order our fruit and veg from a very reputable local supplier and endeavour to sell a good variety of fresh, seasonal produce every month. The Market generates £1500 a year towards Village Hall funds.  The Market team, Claire, Diane, Janet and Sue generously volunteer their time and baking skills to provide a delicious seasonal selection of cakes every month, which are served with coffee throughout the morning.

During the long anxious days of the first lockdown, I felt sure that the Market would reopen before the end of 2020 and we would be able to enjoy a relatively 'normal' run up to Christmas. but sadly that seems unlikely at the moment. We are all excited about welcoming you back and celebrating a new beginning together.  The best we can hope is that we may be able to open safely again early in 2021, but I will keep you updated and will continue to be patient in order to make sure that our reopening will be as safe as possible for everyone.

I still have a waiting list, but if you would like to rent a table in the future or would just like more information then please contact Julie on 02380 254587

The Ampfield IT Help and Support Service

We're sorry that the IT help and advice has not been available for a while. It usually takes place in the Village Hall Committee Room on Thursday afternoons between 2pm - 4pm, offering friendly and informal help or advice for your Phone, Tablet, Laptop or PC  This Service is free but a donation to Village Hall Funds is always appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back again once it is safe to do so.

If you have an IT problem, you may still wish to contact Sue for advice via  ithelpavh@outlook.com .