Parish Plans are a government supported initiative designed to give the inhabitants of villages an opportunity to influence developments in their community. The key features of Ampfield’s plan are:
- A clear desire to retain the current character of the area and to ensure that any development is in keeping with the character of the parish
- Any development to be of starter, family, disabled‐friendly homes, those suitable for the elderly or those wishing to downsize
- The need to address traffic concerns
- A desire to sustain and develop leisure activities
- The need to address noise and light pollution.