Cheltenham Whaddon Bowls Club
- All competitions shall be controlled by the Competitions Committee, hereinafter called the Committee, which shall consist of at least 3 members and will be chaired by the Competitions Secretary.
- The decision of the Committee in any matter referred to it shall be final and binding.
- The Committee will decide on the closing date for competition entries and will publish this date. The draw for all competitions will be made by the Committee after this date.
- Competition matches shall be played within the period allocated as published on the Club noticeboard. Failure to play within this period will result in the defaulter(s) being scratched, unless the Committee rule otherwise, based on the merits of the case.
- BOTH PLAYERS/PAIRS shall have EQUAL RESPONSIBILITY for making contact with their opponent(s) to agree arrangements for the match: date and time of play, booking a rink and appointing a marker (if necessary) BEFORE THE DISPLAYED ‘PLAY BY’ DATE. Should this contact not be made or be deemed too late by the Committee, both players/pairs will be eliminated.
- Any difficulties in arranging matches before the ‘play by’ date or any other problems must be notified to a Committee member as soon as possible. Absence of notification will result in disqualification of both parties.
- Only a Committee member may permit dates for matches to be set beyond the ‘play by’ date.
- Matches may be claimed as a walkover, if the opponent(s) fails to arrive by 30 minutes after the agreed time and date. Walkovers must be notified to the Committee for confirmation within 24 hours of the claim.
- The FINALS DAY date will be notified before the closing date for competition entries. All entrants will be expected to be available to play on FINALS DAY. Failure to do so could result in disqualification.
- Dress for all competition matches is Grays, except for Finals Day, for which Whites must be worn.
- After any match a completed score card must be deposited in the box provided. The result of any match cannot be considered official, unless the scorecard is correct and agreed.