Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Chiddingfold 22 June 2022

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Chiddingfold 22 June 2022

Chiddingfold Golf Club Wednesday 22 June 2022

by Alan Papps

I was looking forward to playing Chiddingford, it’s always good to play new courses.

Arrived in plenty of time, the weather was forecast to be hot, 26C + so loads of suncream required.

The morning 9-hole competition was a flag competition, won by team Steve’s (Adams, Nower, Faulkner and Nigel “Steve” Jackson) – well done boys

After ham, egg and chips lunch (in the shade), I was out with Warwick and Ray.  I started well with 3 pars and 2 birdies in the 1st 6 holes, including a birdie on the NTP 6th.  Didn’t need to measure though as it was well outside Nigel’s winning shot of 3’ 4” – Well played Nigel.

Ray decided to call it a day after nine as the course and heat was getting the better of him. In hindsight, that was a good call as the back 9 was a bit of a challenge.  Holes 14-17 were either all uphill or down. OMG they were tough!

I want to thank Warwick and Ray for their great company and really enjoyed playing this tricky course. And thanks to Tim for cutting my HC down to 10 !! ðŸ˜Š

RESULTS

Winner              Alan Papps                           39 pts

Runner up        Mike Clothier                        38 pts

Third                 Colin Staunton-Lambert      37 pts

Nearest the pin        Nigel (Steve) Jackson     3’ 4”

Flag competition     Steve Adams, Stephen Nower, Steve Faulkner and Nigel (Steve) Jackson