Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Chobham 17 September 2021

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Chobham 17 September 2021

Chobham Golf Club Friday 17 September 2021

by Alan Papps

I was really looking forward to playing Chobham, we played it last year and I feel it’s one of the best courses the Society plays.

The morning 9-hole competition was “Animal Crackers”, I ended up with 4 out of the 6 cards so didn’t have a good round ðŸ˜Š.   I played with Tim, Mike and Barrie who all put in solid scores.

In the afternoon I played with Phil Faulkner and Trevor Rockett (only person to have a 100% record on our recent weekend away ðŸ˜Š).  My opening tee shot was terrible, I smashed it about 45 degrees right of the 1st fairway, over a hill and onto the 9th fairway. I then played a wedge over some trees, chipped on and a single putt gave me an unexpected opening par!  I then went on a bit of a par rampage as I parred all the front 9 with the exception of the short 7th where I 3 putted so I ended the turn with 23 points. Back nine was a little different, some inconsistency crept into my game and ended with 17 points to make a very respectable total of 40 points.  The front 9 is probably the best I’ve played in a very very long time!

I want to thank Phil & Trevor for their great company and hoping we get to play Chobham on a regular basis

Thanks all!

RESULTS

Winner:          Alan Papps                         40 pts

Runner-up:   Michael Clothier                   38 pts

Third:              Richard Faulkner                35 pts

Andy Reilly Memorial Trophy    Alan Papps   40 pts

Nearest the pin       Graham Pearce        11’ 9”

Animal Crackers                Philip Faulkner and Barrie Smith

Zsibrita Par 5 Trophy        Tim Houghton          8 pts