Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Milford 16 July 2021

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society Milford 16 July 2021

Milford Golf Club Friday 16 July 2021

by Steve Faulkner

A very warm Friday saw us arrive a Milford Golf Course to warm temperatures at 9am for this years Summer Trophy.

Round 1 was Mike and Lewis and myself going out with the previous Summer trophy winner, Paul in group 2.

Very pleased that my tee shot on the 1st was good and found the middle of the fairway and this led to few steady holes, getting 2 points on each. I managed to par the 8th so steady scoring on the front 9.

Mike and Lewis both hit great tee shots on the mornings longest drive hole, the 12th but were later overtaken by Steve Nower, who won the mornings longest drive prize.

I struggled with the treacherous 16th and blobbed but had 3 pars either side of this hole.

Lewis hit a great tee shot on the 17th to win the mornings NTP at 9’11”

My luckiest hole of the day was the 18th. My drive crossed the water but looked like it was turning into the trees on the right but I thought it would be ok. I parked the trolley where I thought the ball would be and started searching but couldn’t find the ball. I was just about to give up when Paul pointed to my trolley wheel and said is this your ball! Next shot got me back on the fairway and then the 3rd shot was topped and was heading straight for the bunker but then took a big hop straight over the bunker and ended up 5 yards right behind the pin. I then managed to sink the downhill put for a birdie 4 and 4 points to finish the round on 36 points

Very pleased to hear I was the clubhouse leader after round 1.

Now for round 2 with Paul, Tim and Bruce. It was a very mixed start to the round. 1 point on the 1st followed by a par and then a birdie and then a blob but managed to steady the scoring until the 9th.

My driver decided to desert me completely on the 9th with the provisional following the 1st shot into the trees and rough on the left so second blob of the round. Didn’t bode well for the longest drive attempt on the 11th (I hit it into the water!). Tim hit a great drive on the 11th and actually hit the longest drive marker (from John Murphy’s winning drive) and rolled 10 yards on but unfortunately it was his provisional after not being able to find his original drive.

I managed a couple more pars either side of the 16th where I struggled again but managed to grab a point. Round 2 finished with a score of 34 making a nice round 70 for both rounds (and just a 1 shot cut).

Well done to Colin for his very impressive 42 points in round 2 and winning the Penfold Par 3 trophy.

Also well done to Lewis and Alan for sharing the Captains prize with me.

RESULTS

Winner:          Steve Faulkner                                 70 pts

Runner-up:   Colin Staunton-Lambert                     65 pts

Third:              Phil Parsons                                     63 pts

Nearest the pin am            Lewis Clothier                       9’ 11”

Nearest the pin pm            Steve Nower                         29’ 11.5”

Longest drive am               Steve Nower

Longest drive pm               John Murphy

Eclectic winner                   Steve Faulkner                     47 pts

Penfold par 3                       Colin Staunton-Lambert       29pts