Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

South Bucks 4 June 2023

Bracknell Cavaliers Golf Society South Bucks 4 June 2023

South Buckinghamshire Golf Club Sunday 4 June 2023

by Richard Faulkner

As I approached the first tee, my expectations were low. The previous week had been challenging, with a total of 17 lost golf balls over two rounds, forcing me to urgently stock up on lake balls from the pro shop. However, without a cloud in the sky and the course in good condition, I remained excited to start playing.

Our group got off to a solid start, with Tim delivering an excellent wedge shot on the 2nd hole, landing within seven feet (which ultimately won him the nearest-to-the-pin competition), and Ian producing some impressive drives. The only disappointment during the front nine was our performance on the greens. One example was on the par four 7th hole, where my second approach shot left me with a three-foot birdie putt, while Ian and Tim both drove to the front of the green. Unfortunately, none of us managed to make a birdie.

Throughout the round, my game remained relatively consistent, while others in the group had moments of brilliance but also experienced some challenges in the punishing rough. With some improvements on the greens during the back nine, I was able to accumulate 39 points, and my Dad scrambled to 26 points, resulting in our first-ever Father & Son Trophy victory after multiple attempts over the years!

Congratulations to Colin for his impressive score of 38 points, narrowly missing out on the top spot. Thanks as always to Colin, Ray, Graham and Alan as stand-in captain for making the outing happen.

Overall, it was an enjoyable round, and I hope we can continue to have similar weather throughout the summer outings.

RESULTS

Winner Richard Faulkner 39 pts

Runner up Colin Staunton-Lambert 38 pts

Third Terry Harmsworth (Jnr) 33 pts

Nearest the pin Tim Houghton 10’ 11”

Father and Son Philip and Richard Faulkner 65 points