This website is run by Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts.
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. This covers such things as making your screen images and text larger, using a text reader to convert text to sound, using voice recognition to control your computer, increasing mouse pointer signs etc.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The signed Annual Governance and Accountability Audit and Governance Returns are PDF documents that are not fully accessible to screen reader software. An accessible version without signatures is available on request.
Feedback and contact information.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible word document or PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Via email.
- call 01451 820712 and leave a message if there is no answer.
We will consider your request and get back to you in 5 days. Please contact the Parish Clerk, to arrange an appointment to speak to someone in person.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
- We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the Parish Clerk by email or call 01451 820712.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone
- Please call the Parish Clerk on 01451 820712
We can also provide communication by email for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. Contact the Parish Clerk by email
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant (82%) with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Non-compliance (18%) with the accessibility regulations
The following success criterion was not met:
- 1.1.1 Non-Text Content Level A
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships Level A
- 1.4.3 Contrast Minimum Level A
- 2.4.1 Bypass Blocks Level A
- 2.4.2 Page Titled Level A
- 2.4.4 Link purpose (in context) Level A
- 2.4.5 Multiple Ways Level AA
- 2.4.6 Headings & Labels Level AA
- 3.3.2 Labels or instructions Level A
The items above will be discussed with our Website providers, Hugo Fox
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations.
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
The cost of reviewing the numerous documents for accessibility is a disproportionate burden on the Parish Councils resources.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards and where they cannot due to being signed, an accessible version without signatures will be made available on request.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15th April 2021. An Accessibility Audit was carried out on the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website on the 13th/14th April 2021. The Audit was carried out on all the pages on the Parish Council Website by Jeff Manning (Manning Media Services). The WAVE evaluation tool and screenreader NVDA was used to test the website.