Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling bags and white plastic recycling bags available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 22nd May:
- Summer events in memory of Sharon Laws
- Housing with Care survey
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 23rd May
- Street Lighting Improvements
- National Rural Crime Survey 2018
- Police Point Times - May & June
- May Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Parish Council Annual General Meeting Unapproved Minutes - 2nd May
- Planning Response - Windrush Restaurant
- Play Rangers Report Card - January-March 2018
- Cheque & Payments List - 2nd May
- Correspondence List - 2nd May
- Traffic & Footpaths Committee Minutes - 23rd April
- Burials & Allotments Committee Minutes - 18th April
- Village Maintenance Committee Minutes - 18th April
- Playing Fields Committee Minutes - 21st March
- Revised Draft Bye-Laws
- Silver Jubilee Celebrations 1977
- Village Litter Pick 2018
- North Cotswolds Locality Reference Group - February Newsletter
- Schedule of Village Green Bookings 2018
- Winter Weather article
- Notes from Public Meeting with Police
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Revised Cotswolds Constituency Proposal
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey