Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the first tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 25th September 2023:
- Draft IT & Data Sub-Committee Minutes - 14th September
- Temporary Road Closures - September 2023
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 27th September
- Village Environment Committee Meeting Agenda - 27th September
- Youth & Wellbeing Committee Meeting Agenda - 25th September
- Highways Committee Meeting Agenda - 21st September
- Draft Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 6th September
- Environmental Action Working Group Meeting Agenda - 7th September CANCELLED
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 6th September
- Payments List - 6th September
- Browser Notes - September article
- Draft Community Centre Committee Meeting Minutes - 27th July
- Police Point Opening Times - August to December
- Social Connection Statement - June 2023
- Booking Coach Parking - From 1st February 2023
- Local Flood Plan Update
Who to contact when reporting local problems:
PSVs/PCVs (Buses, Coaches, Minibuses)
It is important for bus and coach operators to be aware that the main entrances to the village centre are for ‘local buses only’. Please click here for further information.
The Parish Council's website accessibility statement can be viewed under the Accessibility Statement tab and is also attached as a PDF document below.