Environmental Action Working Group
Agendas - Environmental Action Working Group meeting agendas can be viewed here.
Minutes - Environmental Action Working Group meeting minutes can be viewed here.
A decision to embrace and publish a Zero Waste declaration was made by the Parish Council at the July Council meeting. At the same time, it was agreed to establish an Environmental Action Working Group whose primary role is to involve interested residents, to develop strategies for proactively improving the village environment.
Zero Waste Statement - July 2022
In the context of the Climate emergency having been declared in the Cotswold District we recognise the harmful impacts of rubbish on our communities.
It harms our public spaces, rights of way, watercourses, roadsides and much more.
It is damaging to our wildlife, landscapes, wellbeing and environment.
We therefore seek to limit the unnecessary distribution of non-compostable single-use packaging in our community.
- We aspire to being a zero-waste community by 2030.
- We encourage residents and visitors to use community reusables schemes such as The Cotswold Cup.
- We will work with CDC to explore avenues for identifying the main sources of litter and other anti-social rubbish (including raw sewage) within our community and devise strategies to minimise the problem.
- We will recognise those who strive to minimise the impact of waste on our communities either via enterprise, charity or personal endeavour.
- We recognise that the excessive presence of bins in our streetscapes and landscapes is damaging and as we encourage the use of reusable packaging, we will seek the reduction of bins in the village environment.