Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the first tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 26th January 2023:
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 1st February
- Payments List - 1st February
- Unapproved Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 25th January
- Booking Coach Parking - 1st February 2023
- Draft Youth & Wellbeing Committee Meeting Minutes - 16th January
- Draft Village Environment Committee Meeting Minutes - 11th January
- Finance & General Purposes Committee Meeting Agenda - 26th January
- Community Centre Committee Meeting Agenda - 26th January
- Environmental Action Working Group Meeting Agenda - 2nd February
- Draft Planning Committee Meeting Minutes - 11th January
- Draft Highways Committee Meeting Minutes - 9th January
- Unapproved Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 4th January
- Browser Notes - January article
- Local Roadworks - December 2022/January 2023
- Police Point Opening Times - December 2022 to February 2023
- Food Waste - It all adds up
- Local Flood Plan Update
Who to contact when reporting local problems:
PSVs/PCVs (Buses, Coaches, Minibuses)
It is important for bus and coach operators to be aware that the main entrances to the village centre are for ‘local buses only’. Please click here for further information.
The Parish Council's website accessibility statement can be viewed under the Accessibility Statement tab and is also attached as a PDF document below.