Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 4,000 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the first tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above. We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 2nd June 2023:
- Notice of Period of Exercise Public Rights 2022-23
- Parish Council Meeting Agenda - 7th June
- Payments List - 7th June
- Draft Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 30th May
- Draft Village Environment Committee Meeting Minutes - 24th May
- Youth & Wellbeing Committee Meeting Agenda - 5th June
- Draft Highways Committee Meeting Minutes - 18th May
- Co-option of Parish Councillor - Vacancy
- Committee Clerk/Administration Assistant - Vacancy
- Draft Staffing Committee Meeting Minutes - 17th May
- Draft Planning Committee Meeting Minutes - 17th May
- Draft Annual Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 15th May
- Draft Environmental Action Working Group Meeting Minutes - 10th May
- Police Point Opening Times - April to July
- Browser Notes - May article
- Booking Coach Parking - 1st February 2023
- Local Flood Plan Update
Who to contact when reporting local problems:
PSVs/PCVs (Buses, Coaches, Minibuses)
It is important for bus and coach operators to be aware that the main entrances to the village centre are for ‘local buses only’. Please click here for further information.
The Parish Council's website accessibility statement can be viewed under the Accessibility Statement tab and is also attached as a PDF document below.