Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council
Welcome to the Bourton-on-the-Water Parish Council website, created to enable those who use our village, as residents or visitors, to access practical information about the Parish Council, the village and the local area.
Bourton-on-the-Water is valued for its attractive architecture, large village green and the river, all of which combine to make it a uniquely appealing place to visit. Our village also has a large resident population of over 3,500 and maintains a vibrant community at its heart.
The parish councillors all give their time on a voluntary basis and work hard to ensure that the village continues to be a pleasant place to live, work and visit. As the third tier of local government, operating below Cotswold District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, all councillors are appointed via elections held every four years.
Visitors to the website can access information about the various areas of Council's business via the links on the navigation bar above.
We hope that you find this website a useful and interesting resource. If you have any suggestions for additional information that we could include, do please let us know.
Please note that the Parish Council now sells beige refuse sacks and garden refuse sacks from its office in The George Moore Community Centre. We also have a small stock of spare blue cardboard recycling bags and white plastic recycling bags available.
Click on the links below to access the latest additions to the site, updated on 20th April:
- Silver Jubilee Celebrations 1977
- Planning Committee Meeting Agenda - 25th April
- Tree Works - Village Centre
- Village Litter Pick 2018
- April Meeting Bourton Browser Notes
- Annual Parish Meeting Minutes - 28th March
- Parish Council Meeting Unapproved Minutes - 4th April
- Cheque & Payments List - 4th April
- Correspondence List - 4th April
- Traffic & Footpaths Committee Minutes - 26th March
- Burials & Allotments Committee Minutes - 21st March
- Village Maintenance Committee Minutes - 14th March
- Playing Fields Committee Minutes - 21st March
- Youth Club Report - February
- Revised Draft Bye-Laws
- North Cotswolds Locality Reference Group - February Newsletter
- Schedule of Village Green Bookings 2018
- Play Rangers Report Card - October-December 2017
- Winter Weather article
- Notes from Public Meeting with Police
- Notes from Public Meeting on Neighbourhood & Community Plans
- Chat Health - Text messaging service for Young People
- Revised Cotswolds Constituency Proposal
- Schedule of Grant Applications 2017
- Council Tax Precept - Band D Annual Summaries
- Parish Council precept for 2017-18
- Response from Martin Surl re anti-social behaviour
- Power Cut Information - Western Power
- Parking on the Village Green
- Thames Water - new contact number for reporting surface and foul water network problems
- Reporting of Highway-related issues to GCC/Amey