Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Appeals for Information

What is this page about....

Every now and again the webmaster (that's Neil) gets an E mail asking for information about someone's family history or similar inquiries. We encourage these types of E mails as we usually finish up learning a bit more about our village.

Copied below are queries that have been received. If you can provide any information please go to the contact us page and send us an E mail.

Berwick St James Parish Community Appeals for Information

Dear people of Berwick St James!

What a  fantastic website!  Congratulations!

Briefly (your time is  precious), I'm a foreigner - I live in Suffolk!

But in the 1920s  my grandmother's half-sister came to live in Berwick St James with her husband  and two daughters.  A son was born later.  They lived in  'Westfields'.  I have a photo of it - an old, thatched, detached cottage.   Does it still exist, I wonder?

My wife and I are coming  down to visit a friend who lives in Lydford-on-Fosse next month and I'd very  much like to call by and take some photos of your area as I'm beginning to  follow up some family history.

If I may ask you for a brief  response to this e-mail (anybody know of said property?) I would appreciate it  very much.
Sincerely

Hugh HOMAN

Since receiving the above E mail High has sent another E mail stating that he suspects that the Westfield house may infact be in Lake.