Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Village Marquees & Gazebos

Village Marquees

As many of you will be aware, the village now possesses two marquees.  They are for hire on the understanding they are not insured and any parts that are damaged must be repaired or replaced by the person hiring the marquee.  Both marquees are now properly bagged and labeled, and it is important that they are returned in the same condition as they went out  and bagged appropriately.  Also if at all possible, please try and ensure that the marquee material is dry before it is bagged, otherwise mould quickly forms.  I am generally quite happy for the marquee to be returned a day or so late if by doing so has allowed the marquee to dry out properly.  Also please peg and tie it down properly to prevent it being moved or blown over by the wind, especially if it is being left erected overnight.

I have included quite a number of pictures of the gazebos and our two marquees at various private and village functions so that you can get an idea of the various sizes of the units and whether they would fit where you want to erect them.

If the marquees are looked after properly, both of them should last for a long time and continue to be very useful assets for the village.  Keith Lovett and I look after them, and if I’m available I will always come and give a hand to erect and dismantle it, in order to minimise the chance of any inadvertent damage through unfamiliarity with putting one up, and to ensure that all nuts and bolts are used properly and recovered after use. 

If you would like to reserve one of the marquees or gazebos, please contact either Keith Lovett (01722 792890) or myself.

Derek Kelly

derek.kelly@outlook.com

‭07962 140080‬

Original Village Marquee  (8 metres x 4 metres)      £50.00

Our original marquee is 50% smaller than our new one, and is now 7 - 8 years old.  This year (2022) we have bought a new roof for the marquee which is an excellent fit and of a better quality than the original.  But it is heavier and a bit more of a handful to put on or take off.  As can be seen from the attached photographs, there are 4 pole bags (one slightly longer bag for poles marked “A”), two strong plastic boxes containing bolts, pegs and attachments, and three roof and side bags.  It is fairly straightforward to erect, and some basic instructions are included in one of the boxes.

New Village Marquee  (8 metres x 6 metres)      £70.00

The new marquee was used at the Queen’s Birthday Party celebrations (as was the old one), and most people have now seen it.   Compared to the older one, this is 50% wider and a bit more complicated to put up, but well within the capabilities of most people .  The marquee comes in nine pole bags, two boxes for the equipment, three side panel bags and one “dumpy” bag containing the roof.  This last bag is temporary until I can find a suitable container for this rather heavy single piece of material.  Again, instructions on the procedure for erecting the marquee are included.  Also, below is also a very useful website link to a video showing this procedure,  http://www.diymarquees.co.uk/marquee-erecting-videos-6x12m.php

Gazebos (2 metres by 2 metres)         £5

The village owns a number of gazebos in various states of repair.  Again, if you would like to hire one or two of them, please contact either me or Keith Lovett.