This is the fourth of a four-seasons photo competition depicting the various seasons as we see them. The fourth 3-month period (Winter) started on 1 December 2019 and finishes on the 29 February 2020. The subject of the photograph can be of anything (village or country scenes, people, animals, etc), and can be taken with any camera (including phone cameras), so they don’t have to be technically perfect, but they must capture the essence of the season. The photos themselves must be taken within the allocated period and be within the parish boundary (or thereabouts). Individuals should contribute no more than three photos per season, all given a title and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (in full resolution).
All submitted photos will be put on the website for everyone to see, and you can click through the photos above to see a selection of shots that has been submitted. Barbara Last will judge the competition and will select the one she considers the best that captures the essence of the season. The winner will be announced at the end of the first week of the following season. Lots of kudos and a bottle of wine to the winner!
In bullet-point format, this is what you need to know:
1. The Winter Competition, which will start on 1 Dec '19 and end on 29 February '20, will now be open to not only those living in the Parish of Berwick St James but also in those who live in the other four parishes that contribute to the Lower Wylye & Till Valley Parish Magazine. The area in which the photographs are taken must be within the overall boundary of the five parishes. Photographs must be submitted before the end of the Winter Competition
2. Photos can be taken with any sort of camera, including phone cameras
3. Photo can be of any subject and not necessarily technically perfect, but must capture the essence of the season
4. Limited enhancement is permitted (to display the subject at its best)
5. Photo must be taken within the set period, and be of a scene or subject within the overall boundary of the five parishes
6. Maximum of three photos per individual and all given a title. (If after submitting three photos, you consider you have taken better ones, the originals can always be replaced)
7. Emailed to James Whatley and myself by the end of the period at best resolution (email@example.com)
8. All photos will be displayed on this website as they come in for everyone to view.
9. The photographs will be judged by Barbara Last and the winner will be announced by the end of the first week of the following season (Friday 6th March for the Winter competition)